Learn more about eczema treatment options in Jacksonville, FL dermatology practice
At Southside Dermatology and Laser Cosmetic Center, Jacksonville, FL area patients have access to a wide range of solutions for the skin, hair, nails, and body. Patients diagnosed with eczema often deal with chronic problems, including itchy rashes and flare-ups. Dr. Mary Pentel encourages patients to book a consultation visit and initial examination to learn more about eczema treatment options available to them for healthier, more comfortable skin!
Once a patient has received a proper diagnosis of eczema, they can then work with a dedicated dermatological professional to discuss the options available. They may include some of the following solutions, depending on the type of eczema and its severity:
- Topical creams – many creams can be used directly on the rashes to help clear them, and may include medications such as crisaborole, hydrocortisone, corticosteroids, tacrolimus and pimecrolimus. These are applied directly onto the skin to treat flare-ups.
- Antibiotics – sometimes, oral or topical antibiotics may be used if the condition has resulted in a bacterial infection of the skin.
- Antihistamines – these may be taken orally or applied topically to the area to help in controlling the itching, which can be useful for patients who have trouble sleeping because of their itching skin.
- Phototherapy – special light therapy can be used on moderate to severe eczema to keep the immune system under control. Light therapy may include PUVA therapy or UV light therapy, depending on a patient’s needs.
- Moisturizers – moisturizers are often recommended as a preventative tool. These topical creams are used to create a barrier to hold moisture in and reduce the likelihood of problematic flareups. With daily use, many patients can control their condition better and keep the skin softer and healthier overall.
Schedule an appointment today!
Dr. Mary Pentel of Southside Dermatology and Laser Cosmetic Center is a professional who is here to assist patients with a wide range of treatment options for conditions such as eczema. Contact the office by calling (904) 880-0622 and visit the practice at 4727 Sunbeam Road in Jacksonville, FL. We welcome new patients seeking general and cosmetic dermatology solutions.