Patients in Jacksonville, FL ask, is the result of CoolSculpting treatment permanent?
At Southside Dermatology and Laser Cosmetic Center, our professionals welcome patients in the community of Jacksonville, FL to learn about the latest ways they can effortlessly improve their body contours. Dr. Mary Pentel and her staff are dedicated to helping men and women address areas of the body they may feel uncomfortable about, such as the abdominal area or thighs. Patients are excited to learn that treatments such as CoolSculpting can help them improve their body contours without having to go under the knife with a plastic surgeon. But many patients wonder, are the results of CoolSculpting permanent?
What is CoolSculpting?
First, our dermatological team will work with patients to help them better understand CoolSculpting and how the process works in reducing unwanted fat. CoolSculpting is a specialized method of cryolipolysis, or “fat freezing,” that can help target fat cells and reduce them by freezing them and allowing the body to naturally flush them out via the lymphatic system.
During treatment, the unique CoolSculpting device is moved over the skin of the treatment area to deliver the freezing energy to the targeted fat cells. This is a wonderful alternative to more invasive treatments such as liposuction that can leave behind scarring and can increase a patient’s risk of infection and other negative side effects.
Why choose CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting has many benefits that should be considered when patients are interested in enhancing their body contours. CoolSculpting is:
- Affordable: Many patients find that the treatments are extremely affordable, especially when they compare the cost with that of traditional liposuction or other plastic surgery procedures.
- Safe: The CoolSculpting method of treatment is considered safe and the device is cleared by the FDA for treating fat deposits in the abdomen, thighs, and flanks (“love handles”).
- Used by experienced professionals: The professionals in our practice that administer CoolSculpting treatments to patients are well-trained and experienced in this and other cosmetic therapies that can provide patients with improved body contours.
- Permanent: Yes, results from CoolSculpting can be permanent! In the human body, fat cells can only grow larger and are not replaced. Therefore, when patients maintain a healthy weight with proper diet and exercise, the results of their treatment will be permanent. This is because the fat cells are frozen and eliminated through the body.
- Gradual: The results from CoolSculpting do not happen overnight. The body must go through the process of flushing out the frozen fat cells, which can take some time. Many patients love that the treatment provides gradual results over time to make their body contours look as natural as possible, eliminating the appearance of “having work done.”
- Effective: Many studies have shown that CoolSculpting treatments can greatly improve body contours without invasive treatment. Many of our patients have seen changes to their body, including the benefit of dropping one or more clothing sizes after several treatment sessions.
- Free from downtime and recovery: Another highly desired benefit of CoolSculpting is the fact that patients can have their treatments done during their lunch hour and go right back to their regularly scheduled activities without any interruption. Downtime and recovery are not needed, ensuring patients do not experience any disruptions in their routine.
- Comfortable: The procedure itself is done right in our office while patients relax in the treatment chair. Patients can read a magazine, play games on their phone or tablet, or even take a little rest while our CoolSculpting device does all the work for them!
Who is a candidate for CoolSculpting?
The best candidates for CoolSculpting are patients who:
- Are within a normal weight range
- Enjoy a healthy diet
- Have an exercise routine that keeps their body healthy
It is not abnormal for us to see patients who come into our office looking to address stubborn fat that does not improve no matter what they do.
Request a visit with the team at Southside Dermatology and Laser Cosmetic Center today!
Dr. Mary Pentel and her team of professionals are here to work with patients in Jacksonville, FL and surrounding communities to discuss the benefits of treatments such as CoolSculpting and how it can help men and women improve their body contours. With our staff, patients can feel at ease using today’s technology to help them achieve the look they’ve always wanted—without ever having to visit a plastic surgeon! Call (904) 880-0622 and visit the practice at 4727 Sunbeam Road today.