Lifetime benefits of facials for teenagers near Jacksonville
Hear the word “facial” and you probably imagine a well-heeled lady, face coated with exotic mud and eyes blissfully cooling under cucumber rounds. Facials are a pampering spa experience, but they aren’t the domain of adult females. Parents in and near Jacksonville are recognizing the long-term benefits of introducing their children to professional skin care. Dr. Mary Pentel and her team at Southside Dermatology & Laser Cosmetic Center treat a growing number of teenagers with facials.
A facial is loosely defined as a beauty treatment for the face. Southside Dermatology & Laser Cosmetic Center offers an extensive menu of facials customized for specific skin conditions and for general complexion health. These focused facials utilize natural organic creams, serums, and lotions; steam; extraction and exfoliation techniques; and soothing massage.
Benefits of facials for teenagers
In the broadest sense, facials are important to help teens understand how their skin reacts to the elements, stress, and changing hormones. Monthly facials for troubled skin or seasonal facials for clearer complexions keep skin balanced. Specific benefits include:
- Deep pore cleansing. You might compare a facial to having your teeth cleaned. Even though you brush and floss daily, the hygienist has special instruments and methods to get your mouth even cleaner. A facialist utilizes professional techniques to open pores and get skin really clean.
- Problem analysis. With Dr. Pentel’s medical oversight, an experienced aesthetician assesses skin and ask the right questions to get to the bottom of problems like dryness, oily skin, acne, eczema, flushing, and more. She’ll help your teen understand what’s triggering skin conditions and how to keep them under control after the facial. It’s much more effective (and in the long term, more economical) than hit-or-miss over the counter purchases.
- Safe acne management. Squeezing or picking pimples leads to enduring acne scars. The goal of regular teen facials is to avoid breakouts. When they do occur, the trained facialists at Southside Dermatology & Laser Cosmetic Center use safe extraction procedures.
- Stress busting. Teenagers face peer pressure, performance stress with schoolwork and sports, and challenging schedules. Elevated stress levels produce more oil and contribute to acne flare-ups. Scheduled facial time in a peaceful, calming environment is wonderfully relaxing.
- Confidence boosting. What gift could be more valuable to your child than the confidence of a clear, flawless complexion? That self-esteem follows through to college, job interviews, dating, career, and beyond.
Teenagers (boys and girls) enjoy the indulgence of facials now. As they mature they appreciate the social and business advantages of healthy, glowing skin. Start them right with customized facial programs at Southside Dermatology & Laser Cosmetic Center. The number is 904-606-9882.